Tell us about Gold & Youth.
Where and how was this mix recorded?
We are on tour right now, so it was created in a restaurant whilst reminiscing on the idea of calm and comfort. Songs that make us feel sane on the road.
What was the idea behind the mix?
As mentioned above, the mix is essentially a mix of songs for the road. Songs to drink to, and songs to drive to… Use yer imagination 😉
In your own words, can you describe the sound of G&Y?
Night music for the nostalgic underground. Blade Runner 2.0.
If you guys were the Fantastic Four, who would be who?
I don’t know what that is! The comic book?? I’d be the girl i guess Or maybe Jeff would be…
East Coast or West Coast?
Where can the Standard’s readers see you perform next?
Anything to add?
Nope thanks for asking!
(Answers by Louise Burns.)
1. Alice Coltrane – Sita Ram
2. Wire – Used To
3. Television Personalities – Diary of a Young Man
4. Patti Smith – Dancing Barefoot
5. Deerhunter – Monomania
6. Rowland S. Howard – I Know A Girl Called Johnny
7. The Blue Nile – The Downtown Lights
8. Abner Jay – I’m So Depressed
9. Nina Simone – Wild is the Wind
10. John Lee Hooker – Tupelo Blues
11. Roy Orbison – Running Scared
12. The House Of Love – Christine
13. Eleven Pond – Watching Trees
Check out more of Gold & Youth at these websites:
For even more awesome music jams, check out our StandardTapes archive.
Jeremy Schipper is an intern at Toronto Standard. You can follow him on Twitter at @jeromeoschipps.