Do not, I repeat, do NOT even think about wearing all of these pieces together. Animal prints can go from funky, to sexy, to tacky, to Bret-Michaels-Rock-of-Love-reject really quickly.
Done properly (read: moderately), skins can reveal a secret wild side. Speaking of unexpected, animals prints aren’t just relegated to cheetah. So branch out a little and find as many different patterns as you can. I’ll admit, this collage is a little all over the place, but animal prints are hard to pair together. Try out each piece one at a time and this trend will be wildly wearable.
1. Be on guard to ensure your friends don’t try to slither this bag away. (Malene Birger green snake skin purse, $385)
2. Fine, I’ll allow one piece of traditional cheetah print. (Topshop animal print camisole, $52)
3. Picture an all-black outfit with a pop of tiger print. (Claire+Bruce animal print sunglasses, $25)
4. Finally! A way to experience all of the alligator print with none of the scales. (Roberto Cavalli alligator print jersey dress, $795)
5. Just pair this skirt with a black tank top and flats… I swear people won’t think they saw you on Jersey Shore. (Ashish sequin tiger miniskirt, $735)
6. Make this lip tattoo the centre of your outfit and don’t pair it with a matching jumpsuit. (Violent Lips pink leopard, $10)
7. Open your mind! Animal prints can also refer to paws. (My Jewel Thief multi-colour paw pring crystal necklace, $9.99)
8. What’s black and white and spiked all over? Your new amazing flats! (Valentino zebra-print calf hair flats, $845)
Bianca Teixeira writes about style for Toronto Standard. Follow her on Twitter at @BeeLauraTee.