I felt it. A chill in the air this morning signifying that summer is practically gone. On one hand, this makes me want to tunnel deep into my duvet and stay there with a laptop until spring, but, on the other, we finally get to break out the fab fall fashions we’ve been hoarding since July. One trendy fall fabric every closet should boast is leather (faux or real is up to you).
1. A strip of cotton fabric down the centre of this dress keeps it from looking like something straight out of The Matrix. (Yves Saint Laurent leather and stretch-wool crepe dress, $2,395)
2. Leather gloves that look less ‘drag race’ and more flirty. (Vivienne Westwood leather heart gloves, $280)
3. A swoon-worthy jacket from Line Knitwear mixes soft leather and cozy knit. Did I already say *swoon*? (Line Knitwear uptown jacket, $550)
4. Buttery leather shorts. My yet-unfound white whale of the season. (3.1 Phillip Lim drawstring leather shorts, $665)
5. A skinny leather clutch for those of us who don’t like to squeak when we walk. (Zara basic leather clutch bag, $50)
6. This dress shape is flattering on all body shapes… and extra seductive in leather. (Alexander McQueen pleated leather dress, $4795)
7. Woven leather on a wedge? The best of summer and fall come together. (Jeffrey Campbell Darian Wedge in black, $145)
8. The accessory that started it all: A leather belt. (Balzane belt, $155)
Bianca Teixeira writes about style for Toronto Standard. Follow her on Twitter at @BeeLauraTee.