Valentine’s Day will be here in a heartbeat. To get in the mood for this day of love and/or lust, we suggest checking out the Erotic Arts and Crafts Fair at the Gladstone Hotel or by singing your heart out at Worn Fashion JournalHeartbreak Karaoke. Or, you can check out these red and pink objects that we heart.
1. “Lawrence,” the new Girls single, comes on heart-shaped vinyl (!) ($9.99 at Rotate This, 801 Queen St. W).
2. Made in 1979, these vintage Oliver Goldsmith ‘Love Me’ sunglasses will come in handy when channeling your inner Sue Lyon ($520 at Spectacle, 752 Queen St. W).
3. A striped and cheerful Marimekko mug ($20 at Good Egg, 267 Augusta Ave).
4. The limited edition Leopard print Diana Mini for taking dreamy pictures of your nails, cats, significant other, whatever ($109 at Lomography, 536 Queen St. W).
5. Honoré des Prés Vamp Ã NY perfume smells like the best mix of bourbon vanilla and tuberose. Basically, like candy ($98 at Pretty, 587 Markham St).
6. Kisses and hugs in card form from Kid Icarus ($5 for this and more Valentine’s Cards at their store in Kensington, 75 Nassau St).
7. Love Hearts! For more saccharine options, have a look at this Valentine’s candy round-up from Rookie Mag.
Katie Merchant finds objects for Toronto Standard and blogs for herself at thank you, ok. Find her on Twitter at @thankyou_ok.
For more, follow us on Twitter at @TorontoStandard, or subscribe to our newsletter.