It’s our first weekly roundup of notable events and achievements in Toronto tech, entrepreneurship and innovation.
– KnowRoaming wins a spot in the Alcatel accelerator: BetaKit
– Dark Horse expands to a 5th location featuring a bakery: BlogTO
– #appsforTO kicks off; deadline July 21. A partnership between IBM, Waterfront Toronto and the City of Toronto, the competition invites developers to come up with innovative ways of solving city problems using its open data framework.
– FinTech Innovation conference announced its second annual Toronto event on innovation in the financial services sector will be held on September 30 : website
– Gusto founder taking on LA: Globe and Mail
– Social Innovation Challenge, sponsored by the United Church, is coming up this week (website)